Q: Who is the biggest celebrity that you have ever met?
Q: Have you ever introduced a friend to another friend?
Verse 34: John's confession (he himself was very well known and had many followers), see also v. 36
Jesus makes friends:
- Andrew and many believe John
- (v. 38) Q: What would you do if somebody started following you and asked you where you were staying? What might you think?
- (v. 39) Q: How is Jesus' response different? What was the result of this encounter?
- Q: What is challenging for you about making friends quickly/establishing connection with people you don't know? What can we learn from both these men and from Jesus?
Andrew gets Peter, a friend for Jesus:
- (v.40-42) Q: What does Andrew do?
- Q: What does this suggest about his character?
Jesus gets Phillip, who gets a friend for Jesus:
- (v.45) Q: What is Philip's response to being called by Jesus?
- Q: Nathanael needs some convincing, but what does Philip invite him to do? Come and see (Jesus does the work of convincing)
- Andrew and Philip introduced their friends to the most important person they would ever meet...Jesus!
- We should be making friends and introducing them to Jesus!
- Disciplemaking is happening in the form of introduction, invitation and friendship building/connecting
- Q: What might have been difficult about that for Andrew or Philip?
- Q: What might be difficult about that for us?
- Q: How can we put this into practice in our ministry?
- Introduce/Invite someone to Jesus this week
- Study the Bible, get to know him as a friend.