HOPE worldwide is seeking a Communications Officer who will be responsible for conveying HOPE worldwide’s internal and external messages. The Communications Officer must have excellent writing and speaking skills, must be proficient at working within a team and with media and must demonstrate a heart to serve the poor.
Job description and responsibilities
- The Communications Officer will report to the HOPEww CEO and communicate with HOPEww staff, volunteers, donors, media and the general public to disseminate organizational messaging.
- The Communications Officer will create and implement strategies to increase awareness of and promote HOPEww.
- Externally, the Communications Officer will communicate with all significant interested parties to inform, inspire and share organizational progress that maintains an accurate, positive vision of our mission and impact around the world.
- Carry out the vision of HOPEww's CEO.
- Develop, implement and evaluate the annual communications plan across all available mediums in collaboration with the executive team and HOPEww constituents.
- Lead the generation of online content that engages audience segments and leads to measurable outcomes, deciding to whom, where and when to disseminate key impact messaging.
- Disseminate program content from the HOPE worldwide global network and from various HOPEww departments.
- Oversee and manage communications and marketing interns.
- Implement strategy through communications channels to create momentum and awarenessas well as to test the effectiveness of communications activities with employees, members, volunteers, donors and churches.
- Manage the development, distribution and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, letters, newsletters, brochures, videos, social media, text, the HOPE worldwide website and material on DisciplesToday.org.
- Mentor and lead a team member responsible for the HOPEww website administration and coordination.
- Coordinate webpage maintenance ensuring that new and consistent content is posted regularly (article links, stories, and events).
- Track and measure the level of engagement within the network over time.
- Manage all media vendor contacts.
- Oversee media contract with our communications partner, Disciples Today.
- Individual must be recognized by HOPEww as being a spiritually fit Christian holding to fundamental Christian principles.
- A bachelor's degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, English or related field.
- 2-5 years minimum job experience in the communications field with proven effectiveness.
- A heart for the poor with a history of service.
- Commendation from a ministry leader and professional references with direct working knowledge of the applicant.
- A self-motivated person with proven ability to multitask and communicate across broad channels including print, digital, social and video.
- Proven ability to take direction and collaborate with a team.
- Must be a proven project manager with ability to overcome obstacles bringing projects to completion.
- Proven reliability to perform tasks within a deadline.
- Ability to create and interpret metrics to evaluate communication effectiveness.
- Significant online communication experience. Ability to write and publish online with minimal editing and proofreading.
- Eager to adapt to and implement new communications platforms.
- View this position as a calling and not just a job.