WHO NEEDS THE PRESSURE?
Let’s take a new spin on resolutions. Here are some suggestions…
- I will resist the temptation to build my life around a disability
- I will plan a few hours every week to spend on myself.
- I will plan a block of time weekly to spend with my significant other.
- I will look in the mirror and practice saying “I need Help”
- When I am overwhelmed I will say “I need Help” to whoever is listening!
- I will write a thank you note to someone who has impacted my life.
- I will allow myself to have a pity party occasionally, but will invite a friend.
- I will not feel obligated to spend much time with people who discourage me
- I will spend time with people who make me laugh.
- I will spend time with people who admire or appreciate me.
- I will spend time with people who share my interests
- I will spend time with someone I learn from.
- I will reach out to someone who needs my support.
- I will do or learn something or practice something creative and nurturing.
- I will remind myself that a healthier me creates a healthier family.
- I will laugh more with my family
- If I think I am too busy to “take time” I will look in the mirror and say “I am worth it and my family needs me to be well”!” and postpone or delete something less important.
- I will be a kinder person….and will start by being kinder to myself!
Just some suggestions...