The Greenville (SC) Church of Christ is currently seeking a spiritually mature couple to lead our church full-time.
This couple will need experience in leading and growing a small church (or a region within a larger church) into a dynamic, healthy and diverse church. As our church grows, it will be important for this couple to be able to guide the growth of all our ministries.
The Greenville Church of Christ was planted by the Columbia Church of Christ in 1996. We are a committed group of 90+ disciples, that has nearly tripled in size in the last two years, and is composed of mature married adults with children and growing singles and campus ministries.The church is currently lead by Scott and Thereasa Kirkpatrick (who will leave to lead the great Columbia Church of Christ), supported by a core leadership group. We maintain a close, spiritual relationship with the Columbia Church of Christ leadership group as well as with the Clemson Foothills Church. You can find more information about us at www.greenvillecoc.org.
Greenville, South Carolina, is located in the foothills of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains with a metropolitan population of over 639,000. Greenville has an award winning downtown area with access to many cultural and entertainment activities.
With a thriving business and manufacturing climate, Greenville is one of the fastest growing areas in the Southeast. Local universities and colleges include Furman and Greenville Tech. The University Center, located just a short distance from downtown, is a satellite campus for many area universities including Clemson, Lander, SC State, Furman, MUSC, USC and USC Upstate. For more information, visit the city of Greenvile website www.greenvillesc.gov
In addition, the Greenville Church of Christ is the host church for the 2015 Southeast Evangelism Conference, (http://www.secchurches.org is the 2013 website). Our lead couple will need to possess the ability to oversee the local aspect of this exciting event, while keeping the Church focused on their purpose.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- A faithful, close walk with God that is worthy of imitation; a marriage, family/home life, relationships and work ethic that is reflective of a humble devotion and solid commitment to the Word of God.
- Candidate must have dynamic Bible-based preaching with the ability to plan and conduct exciting Sunday services.
- Ability to teach bible classes and conduct bible studies.
- Strong leadership, training and discipling skills.
- Training and/or experience in marriage and family counselling.
- Ability to work with and lead an existing core leadership group.
- Proven track record of building and promoting diversity and unity in not only the local home church and its community, but also in the Southeast Region.
- A proven track record in growing a 3-400 member church (or church region) in numbers and maturity, by helping the membership be involved in personal and community evangelism.
- Compassionate to people and able to minister to their needs.
- Willingness to be discipled by a mature couple, possibly located outside the Greenville Church.
- - - - - - - - - -
Or by postal mail to:
Greenville Church of Christ
c/o 21 Phaeton Avenue
Simpsonville, SC 29680