A baker's dozen of reasons why you want to be the next evangelist at the Syracuse Regional Church of Christ:
Reasons to live in Syracuse, NY
1. Rated 4th best city in USA to raise a family by Forbes Magazine
2. Why? Because we have the Finger Lakes, Adirondack Mountains, Lake Ontario and many other natural wonders close by
3. Why else? Because our housing costs are so low. A 5-bedroom house with 2 driveways, 2 kitchens, 3 baths and a double-lot yard cost me only 174K!
4. We have in the Central New York area roughly 250,000 college/university students. We are an educational hub. Syracuse University, Cornell, Colgate and many private, SUNY and Community colleges are in our vicinity. What's more, 89% of our young adults are high school grads.
5. We have the best of all seasons. Fall is gorgeous here—apples, pumpkins and other fruits for picking. We have fishing, hiking, and sports. We have wonderful Winters—skiing, skating and of course sledding and snowmen! We have the wonders of Spring and warm but not overly humid Summers. And no pesky hurricanes, tornados, earthquakes or the like.
6. We have so many fun things to do—great restaurants, wineries, sports to watch and play. We have so many things for kids to do, the Zoo, museums, Nature, as well as Destiny USA—the largest mall in New York State and 6th largest in all the USA.
7. There are 2,000,000 souls in the Upstate New York region---that's a lot of opportunity! The fields are ripe and we need workers!
Reasons to love the Syracuse Regional Church of Christ
1. We are a friendly, family and faithful group of people dedicated to God and to one another.
2. We cover 218 miles from our far North brothers and sisters near Canada to our far South siblings just below the Pennsylvania border.
3. We are in fellowship with our Upstate sister churches—Albany, Buffalo and Rochester.
4. We have a thriving campus ministry at Syracuse University—and plenty of opportunity to grow at Cornell, Colgate and a slew of other nearby colleges.
5. We have a great mix of mature seasoned disciples, singles, young families and campus. We have a growing Children's ministry and are growing our teen and preteen ministries.
6. We are deepening our faith as we study out the Deep Convictions workbook as a family---old and young alike—so that we may have a great foundation in Jesus and God's Word as we go forward.