Would you like to serve the Lord in one of the most breathtaking cities in the world?
A truly inspiring opportunity has arisen: due to current staff health issues and new funding now available from the UK Missions Fund, the Edinburgh International Church of Christ is seeking a trained and experienced ministry couple to lead the church from summer 2016 and to help the church grow in number and strength.
We are a church of 36 disciples from teens to over-seventies, most of whom have been disciples for 10 years or more. Several of our 11 children are beginning to study the Bible and two have been recently baptized. We meet regularly with our sister church in Glasgow, less than an hour away, where a new ministry couple has just been appointed. This is a very exciting time for Scotland, and we believe that God is about to do greater things than ever in our beautiful country.
Therefore we seek a couple with zeal and experience to help us baptize, attract strong disciples, help our teens become Christians, inspire our singles, motivate our married and re-start our campus ministry. The exciting venture is being supported by the UK Missions Fund for a couple to lead the church full-time for four years, and we would pray whoever fulfills the roles to help the church become self-supporting financially.
We are seeking a couple with the following attributes:
- Deep personal commitment to God, personal growth, prayer and Bible study
- Prior full-time ministry leadership experience with a demonstrated history of effectively growing healthy church ministries
- Willingness to commit to at least four years of leading the Edinburgh Church
- Experience in helping teens become Christians
The role to include:
- Helping the church to grow in strength and number in a healthy fashion
- Working hand in hand with the existing leadership group
- Training and raising up the leadership group members in the areas of leadership and public speaking
- Preaching and teaching at Friday and Sunday services most weeks
- Building a campus ministry
- Developing a vision for Edinburgh and Scotland and leading the church towards that vision
- Being committed to unity among our family of churches, locally and internationally
- Pursuing discipling relationships with other ministry staff in the UK
Edinburgh, the cosmopolitan capital of Scotland, has nearly half a million inhabitants. The entire Old and New Towns are a UNESCO World Heritage Site. In the middle of downtown is an extinct volcano upon which Edinburgh Castle sprawls majestically, surrounded by the medieval Old Town. Known also as the Festival City, Edinburgh is overrun by over a million visitors during the International and Fringe Festivals every summer. It was UNESCO’s first City of Literature, being home or birthplace to authors including Sir Walter Scott, Robert Louis Stevenson, Ian Rankin and J.K. Rowling. It is the financial centre of Scotland and has four universities, including the internationally renowned Edinburgh University where Dolly the sheep was cloned.
The romantic Scottish Highlands are just a short train ride away.