The Columbia Church of Christ, located in the beautiful capital city of Columbia, South Carolina, is seeking a new full-time youth and family ministry couple. Our youth and family ministry has a long and successful history and we are now seeking a new couple who can continue to build on the Biblical family foundations we have established over the years. In addition, the couple will also receive specialized training from some of the leading youth and family ministry couples in our fellowship.
Columbia, South Carolina is an attractive city with a metropolitan area of over 700,000 and is home to the University of South Carolina’s 30,000 students as well as several smaller colleges and universities. The Columbia church has a rich history in our fellowship, having begun as a campus ministry in the '70s and today has grown into a mature church of approximately 430 members. Our membership is very diverse in age, race and socioeconomic status. We are blessed with a mature eldership and a dynamic ministry staff that enjoys great unity and partnership in the gospel.
Besides a number of more mature disciples and empty nesters we also enjoy a growing singles ministry, an exciting group of young families and a successful campus ministry. The Columbia church also has a wonderful partnership with churches in South Carolina and around the Southeast US, in the Caribbean and with churches in Southern Africa, with a deep commitment to missions at home and abroad.
We are seeking a mature spiritual couple with the following qualifications:
- A man and woman worthy of respect and imitation, being examples to the flock in character, faith, humility and personal walk with God whose children (if any) and family life reflect their devotion and commitment to the Gospel.
- Strong preaching and teaching skills, preferably with some advanced Biblical training.
- An ability to lead a racially diverse ministry and to work and connect effectively not only with teens but with their parents.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to supervise and train volunteer leaders and effectively coordinate multiple activities, utilizing a high degree of organizational skills.
- A desire and temperament to be able to work closely with the existing leadership team of elders, lead evangelist and other staff members.
- A proven track record of building an effective ministry, whether full time or as a volunteer, in the churches where you have served.