The Columbia Church of Christ, located in the beautiful capital city of Columbia, South Carolina, is seeking a new full-time youth and family ministry couple. Our youth and family ministry has a long and successful history and we are now seeking a visionary new couple who can continue to build on the Biblical family foundations we have established over the years.
Columbia, South Carolina is a growing family-friendly city with a metropolitan area of over 800,000 and is home to the University of South Carolina’s 30,000 students as well as several smaller colleges and universities. The Columbia church has a rich history in our fellowship, having begun as a campus ministry in the '70s and today has grown into a mature church of approximately 430 members. Our membership is very diverse in age, race and socioeconomic status. We are blessed with a mature eldership and a dynamic ministry staff that enjoys great unity and partnership in the gospel.
Besides a number of more mature disciples and empty nesters, we also enjoy a flourishing singles ministry, an exciting group of young families and a noteworthy campus ministry. The Columbia church also has a wonderful partnership with churches in South Carolina and around the Southeast US, as well as in the Caribbean and with churches in Southern and Western Africa, with a deep commitment to missions at home and abroad.
We are seeking mature spiritual candidates with the following qualifications:
- A man and woman worthy of respect and imitation, being examples to the flock in character, faith, humility and personal walk with God whose children (if any) and family life reflect their devotion and commitment to the Gospel.
- An ability to serve responsibly and diligently under the oversight of elders and lead evangelist; to maintain consistent communication with elders and lead evangelist concerning responsibilities and duties.
- The capacity to help train teens and teen workers to effectively study the bible and develop a relationship with God
- Strong preaching and teaching skills, able to prepare and teach bible lessons each week designed to strengthen and encourage the youth and family ministry.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to organize and coordinate events and to develop a plan of action to supervise and train volunteer leaders and effectively coordinate multiple activities, utilizing a high degree of organizational skills.
- A proven track record of building an effective ministry, whether full time or as a volunteer, in the churches where you have served.