HOPE worldwide is now hiring for the position of program accountant. Please read the following job description and share with anyone who might be a good fit for this position.
- Compiles financial information, process journal entries, reconciles reports and financial data.
- Prepares and interprets financial statements and reports.
- Will apply the principles of accounting within the assigned group of international and domestic programs, and the programs’ funds.
- Will also assist with projects from the Controller/accounting team as assigned.
- Records, classifies and summarizes financial transactions and events in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Reviews preliminary financial statements and makes necessary adjustments. Reviews final financial statements for compliance problems, errors and budget variances. Informs accounting supervisor in writing of significant issues.
- Exercises accounting control over a group of accounts within a given group of international and domestic programs.
- Analyzes financial data for the purpose of determining past financial performance and/or to project financial performance.
- Prepares additional internal reports as needed by the program administrators and other management personnel and special reports as requested.
- Will assist in developing assigned programs’ annual budgets.
- Will use various software applications, Excel and accounting packages.
- Individual must be recognized by HOPEww as being a spiritually fit Christian holding to HOPEww’s fundamental Christian beliefs.
- Must possess either a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or Bachelors in Business /Finance with a minimum of 9 hours in accounting.
- Without a Bachelors’ degree, 4+ years of work-related accounting experience is preferred.
- Some knowledge of Federal regulations governing the administration of grants & contracts (A-133, OMB circular, etc) as well as state and other funding rules and regulations is preferred.
- Working knowledge of accounting software and Excel.
- Exposure to budgetary process.
- Customer service oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills. Able to meet deadlines while juggling multiple tasks and responsibilities.
- Energetic, creative and detail-oriented individual comfortable working alone and in collaboration with a team.