Convinced, compelled, consistent and committed because of his love.
Do we really believe and understand at a heart level that God loves us? Do we live our lives in a way that shows we are "dearly loved" (Eph 5:1)? The answer to the question can be quite different for each one of us. But it is one we need to work through in our journey, because we really are truly, deeply, dearly LOVED.
2 Corinthians 5:14-15 (NIV) says, "For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again."
God loves you and me more than we can ever imagine!
As we kick off a new year, we get the chance at a new beginning in a lifelong journey as we live lives of sacrificial love for Jesus, one another, and all people.
In the Treasure Valley Church we are striving to be convinced if his love, compelled by his love, consistent because of his love and have a great commitment to the Great Commandment, the New Commandment and the Great Commission because of his love.
Our 2018 kickoff EXPO was exceptional. Our Life Group Leaders and ministry staff came together to inspire the church with vision and plans for our future, all focused on God's love and our response to that great love. I was personally inspired by the teamwork, unity of thought and individual efforts that went into the entire weekend. In addition, I am inspired by all the teamwork to move forward in living out our daily real-life discipleship journey. We have:
- A renewed Kidz Point children's ministry with new curriculum and excitement to help teach and train the next generation
- Renewed life in our campus ministry
- Exciting new starting point ministry for those new to our area and family
- Upgraded sound and media ministry using their God given talents in technology to take the message into homes, offices and around the world
- A new creative worship team working to inspire worship that touches heaven and changes earth through song
- New website presence to appeal to the next generation
- Facebook public site with inspiring thoughts, updates, and weekly livestreaming of our worship services. Check it out here.
- Continued support of the Purity Restored ministry with Dave and Robin Weidner. While this is a separate ministry from the church, we work together to help all people see God and are excited to have this ministry headquartered in our valley.
- A new Grief Recovery ministry. God is near those who are hurting, discouraged, and he saves those who have lost hope.
This is an exciting time to be in the Treasure Valley. The following are some quotes from a one dear sister sharing her inspiration from our EXPO weekend:
"The first thing that I think about when I consider this weekend is that, from the very beginning, our leadership team felt exactly like that, a team. I believe that all of the vulnerable sharing during our meetings solidified us as a team, and we were all working towards the same goal- to help everyone to be convinced of God's great love and compelled to love others because he first loved us. It was amazing to see how the team came together and then to see them draw in everyone else over the weekend. The love was evident, even in the teamwork the whole church displayed in helping tear things down and clean up on Saturday and Sunday night.
Personally, for me, I found a ministry this weekend that could potentially change my life. I have wanted to become a counselor for the last 10 years or so, but we lacked the funds and the time for me go back to school. This grief recovery ministry seems like a gift from God and a way to potentially make that dream come true. I feel more hopeful about the future and the church than I have in a long time. I am grateful to be part of this family and excited to share my gifts to help other people!" -- Michelle Sutton
Idaho: Boise-Meridian-Nampa-Caldwell-And Beyond